What are the 10 GREAT PLACES IN MIAMI?
Renown as the dream destination in Miami. South Beach is a vibrant city worth being called home. It has multiple outstanding communities.
Since you are here, I am very sure that you have plans of moving somewhere in South Florida and you want to have options of locations as to where. So, here is a list of the greatest places you will want to stay in South Florida.
Here are 10 excellent examples:
As South Florida’s central financial and economic hub, Brickell is the city’s hottest of hot spots right now. This place does not only captures the live-work-play spirit, but it also delivers a comprehensive experience. Brickell is truly a class of its own.
Top attractions and destinations in Brickell:
It is a multi-use hub of activity that has it all. From shopping to dining, entertainment, and everything in between.
This restaurant surely serves outstanding seafood and steaks. The restaurant’s ambiance will awe you. So if you are looking for a fancy restaurant with good food and a perfect backdrop, Truluck’s Restaurant is the place.
This restaurant is a historic former firehouse. You will be able to experience an awesome part-rooftop dining experience. Also, a part-cafe and events space if you dine here.
This city is located near the northern end of Downtown Miami and just south of the Design District. Edgewater surrounds you with the city’s finest urban and cultural attractions. An adventure is always just around the corner with most of its land area facing the sparkling waters of the amazing Biscayne Bay.
Top attractions and destinations near Edgewater:
It is a historic Florida landmark built-in 1887. This lighthouse has guided mariners along the Florida coast for more than 130 years. It is located just half an hour north of Edgewater.
Is a great place to take in breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. This is a place where you can go fishing with a friend or your family. You can also bring your pets with you for them to have fun too.
This attraction is home to the “Trail of the Whispering Giants.” It is an array of 15 to 40-foot wood sculptures that honor the Native Americans.
Peter Wolf Toth has been traveling North America for decades now. He is still carving his giant Indian heads and he owns a small roadside gallery that appears to be overflowing with arts.
The first name of the city is “Bay Harbour.” It is then discarded as not properly defining a community with the oceanfront property. So the villagers then took letters from the word “BAY” and “ATLANTIC” to create the word “BAL.” Thus, Bal Harbour.
Located at the northernmost tip of Miami Beach is an inviting enclave called Bal Harbour Village. The residents enjoy the definitive resort-style lifestyle, with various options for luxurious single-family homes and condos to choose from.
Top attractions and destinations in Bal Harbour Village:
This is a go-to place for shoppers looking for luxury lifestyle and high fashion items. If you like to get a load of those legendary brands of clothes, bags, and shoes, you have got to check this one out!
This census-designated place is considered to be America’s wealthiest place. Located three miles off the shores of the South Florida mainland, this island of just roughly 200 homes is accessible only by private boat or helicopter.
There are celebrities with big names that live on the island. Oprah Winfrey, Mel Brooks, and the tennis star Boris Becker own a property in this area.
People were believed to move to this island because of three major reasons. Living on the island gives them privacy from the outside. The security is topnotch and the amenities are superb!
Top attractions and destinations in Fisher Island:
The Fisher Island Club –
The island’s premier recreational social club located off the tip of South Beach. It features the finest hallmarks of a genuine luxury experience. From golf courses and tennis courts to fine dining restaurants and spas.
This village features expansive lots, peaceful tree-lined neighborhood streets, and attention-grabbing structures built in the Art Deco tradition. Miami Shores is an irresistible bedroom community for those who are working in Greater Miami or to those people who want to enjoy South Florida living at a much more relaxed pace.
Top attractions and destinations in Miami Shores:
- Miami Shores Country Club Offers a fantastic golf experience with an exquisite bar and restaurant. It also has a sophisticated event venue for your social functions.
- Aquatic Center is a local favorite of Miami Shores residents who wants to beat the heat without having to deal with the sand and the crowds at the beach.
- Garden of the Arts is a unique outdoor destination where you can see historic murals and other works of art blend into gorgeous landscaping. It is located in the neighboring city of Hialeah.
Fort Lauderdale was known as the New River Settlement before the 20th century. Now it is hailed as the “Venice of America.” The county seat of Broward County boasting its own thriving local economy, exceptional beach destinations, and highly coveted resort town lifestyle.
Fort Lauderdale is 25 miles north of Miami and it is that county seat of Broward County as stated before. The city is also adjacent to the Atlantic Ocean that includes seven miles of beaches and borders multiple municipalities.
Top attractions and destinations in Fort Lauderdale:
- Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale is an ever-thriving hub of retail hot spots. It has artistic and cultural attractions and is a memorable dining stop.
- Riverwalk Entertainment District Is the place were Broadway shows, remarkable museums, must-visit fine dining destinations, and historic homes come together.
- Bonnet House Museum and Gardens is a historic property turned into a local treasure. Thanks to its captivating flower gardens and limitless historic points of interest.
It is located on a picture-perfect barrier island set between the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean, just north of Miami Beach and south of Fort Lauderdale’s sleek. Sunny Isles Beach exudes a genuine resort town atmosphere.
It is a place of world-renown restaurants, nightclubs, theaters, cultural destinations, and most notably, the beaches. Sunny Isles Beach boasts one of the Miami area’s most stunning oceanfront vistas with miles of gorgeous white sand. The pristine public parks and plenty of places to play. It also provides easy access to museums, shopping, spas, sports stadiums, golf, tennis, boating, and diving which are all part of the appealing Sunny Isle Beach.
Top attractions and destinations in Sunny Isles Beach:
- Beach Bar at Newport Pier offers fresh sushi and refreshing cocktails. You can also go fishing at the pier if given the opportunity.
- Sunny Isles Beach Watersports is the main destination for all thrill-seekers. They are offering surfing lessons, jet ski rentals, kayak, paddleboard tours, and more.
- Free yoga sessions on the beach This is the perfect way to stay fit at Sunny Isles Beach. It is held every Wednesday morning at Samson Oceanfront Park.
This planned suburb is located 17 miles north of Miami. Boasting a location with several waterfront areas that provide direct access to Dumfoundling Bay and Maule Lake. This locale is aptly named after the Spanish word for “adventure.”
Top attractions and destinations in Aventura:
- Aventura Mall is Miami’s largest shopping center up to date. Name a brand and you will see its store in this mall. So if you love shopping, there is no other mall in Miami that can top this that stands in Aventura.
- Aventura Arts and Cultural Center is located at the heart of Aventura. It is an elegant, 330-seat venue that celebrates all forms of performance art and culturally enriching activities.
- The Grill on the Alley is an exquisite VIP membership-based restaurant. You can request private dining to make it an unforgettable experience.
Prior to 1940, most of what is now North Bay Village lay beneath the waters of the amazing Biscayne Bay. Yes, it has a Village in its name. This proud locale is a city of its own boasting a population of over 8,000 residents. Its highly coveted neighborhoods are distributed among three distinct sections: North Bay Island, Treasure Island, and Harbor Island.
Top attractions and destinations in North Bay Village:
- Grandview Palace Marina is a full-service marina and yacht club for all North Bay residents with a flair for boating. Perfect location for those who are boating enthusiasts.
- Shuckers Waterfront Bar & Grill is a part of the Best Western On The Bay Inn & Marina. This cocktail lounge is an excellent dining spot for everyone.
Like its namesake out West, Florida’s city of Hollywood is worthy of the world’s biggest and brightest stars. Offering a vibrant beachfront lifestyle located just south of Fort Lauderdale.
Top attractions and destinations in Hollywood:
- Hollywood Beach Broadwalk – A 2.5-mile boardwalk hailed as one of the best beaches walks in the country
- ArtsPark at Young’s Circle – A 10-acre recreational and entertainment space that shines the spotlight on the visual and performing arts
Were you able to make a list of cities that piques your interest? On my website, there are other articles you can read to help you. You will understand more about the process and you will have a guide as to what you need to have ready. If you want to know more about a City that is stated above, you can browse through my website’s tabs and click the city you want to discover more.
Find your perfect neighborhood in Miami with help from a leading local expert. Get in touch with Lauren Hershey today by calling 708.539.9319 or sending an email to laurenhersheyrealtor(at)gmail(dotted)com.